Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"Welcome home."

It is quiet
And I am too dry,
too susceptible,
to turn a page in the grasses.

Paralyzed in grief
Forcing a stillness to comfort me
Hearing resonance in news anchors
And non-existent whispers in the staircase
My steps are opaque
but my heart is what bears the affliction.

My only choice
Has already been determined.

Silence is everything.

Swallowing words
And choking on soap
This invisibility is heavy.
And it’s bruising my bones with rings,
and stripes
that I have earned,
or,
so I am told.

I am cemented in hushed sounds.
A statue of faded zeal,
Face chipped with snide
decorated,
seen and not heard.

“Don’t let it get to you” and
“This doesn’t concern you”

Like I am to be as forgetful
as a generic apologetic template;
As silent and ambiguous
as early morning fog.

On that 747
I thought I had escaped the nightmare
when really, I just entered a new one.
A new one that
that
I used to call

“home.”




No comments:

Post a Comment