Sunday, June 30, 2013

"We owe it to ourselves to try, so we aim and ignite."


The "it's always necessary" of Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close comes to mind, as I drive, hurt with myself for failing to seize opportunity. My courage was doused by the group, by timing, by the fear of being stupid, by the fear of being wrong. I was aligned, and ready, and maybe our hearts were reciprocal. My feelings are delicately ablaze. I'm panicked for time, and in this ache, my body communicates deep peace. 

Tonight I'm aiming at the right thing, and I just can't ignite. 

I don't want to have to wait another 6 months, year, decade. And if time is love, I'm increasingly, impatiently late. 

He makes my soul feel so known, so understood. And we said goodbye for now. 

And yet.
I'm comforted. I know our story is not over. 

I find solace and beauty in the mountains, the flowers, the clouds, and in knowing that his heart seeks beauty and art and God and knowledge, and that we are the same sky. He is trying, and so am I, and tonight I pray for the day that we aim for one another, and ignite at just the right time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment