Saturday, June 6, 2015

Oh, if he could love me back.

My desire to be near to you is always clearest when we're about to leave. 
I forget how you have carried me through time in your cloud.
And as we descend there comes 
the realization that I won't see you again
for who knows how long.
(Because really, I don't have a reason to.)

The mastered melody of how you speak to me will dissipate.   
And I won't be seen in the way you see me- clearly, poignantly. 
I will forget that you are magic and how you remind me that I am too.
That you are the kind of man who fills me up with value in a single glance. 

So I will conveniently forget the feeling
I will lose the glow
I will forget until tomorrow 
And the tomorrow after that

And the next time I see you
Whenever that may be
You will look the same 
All the same 
But 
A metal band 
On your left hand
Will remind me
Just how far away you are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment