Thursday, June 11, 2015

radio silence

Relentlessly I am searching-
I must have missed the exit sign,
the last call.
Where were you?
I tried to yell, but-
They made us stand in lines.

And somehow,
I still gravitate toward you
You towards me- it’s not hard
We have existed in a rotation for too long
This curved path projected and doomed us-
elliptical

You are my peripheral, darling
In a force called gravity.
The only sight I have known.
Our trajectory named “allies”
You can turn around,
but you
Will move with me- still.
or maybe it’s against me.
Maybe it was always against me.

Either way
(And, neither way)
You’re lost
And you won’t pick up

I change the dial,
Kill the static.
Tune in and out and in,
Filtering out the sentiment and hindsight,

I am trying to find you,
and trying to let you find me.

But I cannot stay on this line
demanding a deafening reticence
Where the only muttering of you
is a broken promise
you call

radio silence




No comments:

Post a Comment